Friday, December 31, 2010

Band Nerd!

 The whole gang in Victoria i think for one of the trips we took
 The gang again in our true form
 Heather Chalmers,  Her and I were best friends in school and once i got pregnant we went our separate ways.  I just found out the other day that she has passed away about 3 years ago.  So sad, words don't even express how sadden i am for a life that was cut short. 
MR. SWENSON!!

When i was in high school i was in the band, and we all know that when you are in the band you are known as a band nerd.  I played the clarinet and loved it.  I first started in Forks in elementary school and then when we moved to Seattle i joined there.  My mom made me continue band and i was so nervous and knew i was going to be so bored.  Boy am i glad that i did.  My Freshman year in school my teacher was Mr. Swenson and you have those teachers that stick out and is a part of your life for ever.  That would be Mr. Swenson, he planned so many trips for us to take as a group and we became great friends though the years.  Our first year Mr. Swenson wanted us to go to California for a parade and sort so we had a rock a thon.  (you rock in a rocking chair for 24 hours) we brought our rocking chairs to the school and in very close corters we watched movies, played games, threw balls around for a full 24 hours with breaks for a very small time.  It was good fun! we did this every year while he was our teacher.  we went to Vancouver, he composed his own music for us to play.
Yesterday as a group and spurr of the moment and thanks to facebook some of us we got together at the old pizza place that we would go to as a group after a band function.  Even Mr. Swenson was able to join us and it was like the past 20 years didn't happen.  We just finished were we left off at.  I am so grateful to have a teacher that can impact my life in so many ways, with trips that i would have never gotten to take, friends that have been there for me through thick and thin,  a teacher that taught me how to play an instrument better, and stories that i can tell my kids about. 

No comments: