Sunday, February 6, 2011

5th Grade Camp!!!

I was able to take time off work and be with my kids at 5th grade camp.  It was so tiering but so worth it. I was HaiLees Chaperon so i got to attend all of her classes and still be able to see TJ and be part of his adventure as well. 
This is HaiLee finding stuff in the underground so they could look through the microscope to see what is in it.  She found some sort of eggs, moss, dirt and also spider eggs. It was so cool!!!

 This is the view from the stage and the fire pit.  The weather was great the whole time.

 Looking though the microscope to see what was in what they found.
 They learned how to canoe. I didn't get any pictures of HaiLee in the boat becuase i was able to go out there with her!!! Yep i canoed with her.
 The cabins were heated and very nice.  This is HaiLee on her bunk.
HaiLee shared her bunk with her.

 This is all the girls that were in the cabin.  All in all they were good but man oh man keeping up with them is very tiering.
 This is HaiLee holding a reptile, they had snakes and other stuff to be able to hold and pet.  All i can say is GGGRROOOSSS!!!


 Waiting for the chow hall!
 TJ fell off of the bench, this would be me at the right place at the right time.  it was like a domino affect. 

 They learned how to clean and recycle water.  It was really cool a 4 billion set up so that all of the water they use at the camp is all recycled there.  What an experience to learn and be hands on with it all.
 of course part of camp is helping with the chow hall there were 2 schools there that met at the same time for dinning. It was so well organized and the kids had to account for all of the food that they waisted.  They recycled and composed what they could and what was waisted was called ORT, so they weighed every meal how much was waist so the kids could see how much food went to waist.  the highest we got up to was 13lbs.  
 again catching TJ getting ready for his turn at the canoeing.  Right time at the right place to get this picture.  I skipped a class because i wanted to get pictures of TJ on the water.  He was so scared and nervous but once he got in there and did it he said he liked it.


Last but not least this would be me sleeping about 1/2 hour after i got home.  The cat missed me.  Treavor took this picture of me.  I was able to sleep for about an hour and then the kids had a basketball game that night.
I am so glad that i could spend this time with my kids and be able to see them try and do new things.  I am so grateful for my friend Vickie that took over and took Treavor to all of his activities so I could go along with them. 

No comments: