Friday, February 27, 2009

CELL PHONE/ TOILET/ CHIP TOOTH

Those 3 are never a good combo. I have had service with qwest for years. well they have decided they they were not going to do cell phones any more. So we had to switch. After putting it off for as long as possible we finally switched carriers, we went with Verizon. So our trip to the mall to get new phones. I had the kids stand by the wall to stay out of the way and so i could keep an eye on them. They were horsing around and TJ hit his mouth on the Pole that was close by and chipped his front tooth. Cell phones are already costing us more. The following Saturday i was vegging on the couch until TJ had his basketball game. I was just messing with my new phone that i have had for a week. it was time to go and so i ran to the restroom before we left. Everyone was out in the car waiting for me. I go to run out and i cant find my phone.... Breanna calls my phone and says its turned off it went straight to voicemail. I was like no i just had it. The light bulb just went off in my head. I go check the toilet. Nothing is in there so i flush it to see what happens. CLOGGED. i flushed my new phone and now the toilet is clogged. After doing our run around ofter the game Tim tears apart the toilet. We basically have a whole in our bathroom. He can see the phone in the base but we cant get to it. He says we are going to have to break the toilet. I was like no let me try.... cant get it out. i finally surrender and say go ahead and break the toilet we will have to go get a new one and all of a sudden my phone comes out. YAYA, run down to the hardware store with 15 min before it closes and get the stuff to put the toilet back together. Phone is working somewhat. a little tore up and still drying out but this phone was about ready to cost us a new toilet as well as a dental bill. If one more thing happens i am going to say Verizon is BAD LUCK!!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

As much as I'd like not to admit it, I've dropped my cell phone in the toilet twice, but never as bad. Make sure you don't use it for a few days to completly dry out. Both of my phones worked fine afterwards, but I lost the battery cover on one and just got a new phone. I have verizon too, and I don't think they are bad luck (even if I have done it too). I love them. Verizon internet...another story.

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

hey, try putting the phone in a bowl of rice. I know someone else who did it and it dried it out better for some reason. The rice absorbs the moisture I guess.

Jamie said...

Wow, you have more adventures at your house. It's amazing to me you actually got the phone out of your tiolet. Cell phone stories are always interesting to me. My sister jumped into the lake with her phone in her pocket. It didn't work at all after that.

Anne said...

I think you've run out of things to happen, you should be good from now on...right.
Luke opened my phone then stuck the top half in a glass of root beer. Phone works, the screen on the other hand doesn't. The rice in the bowl does work! Good Luck.

Sorensen said...

Wow! What a crazy combo of events. Way to keep a good attitude, I would be a mess.