Sunday, November 2, 2008

I learned something great at church today that i have to share. Alot of times we forget who we are. We get so involved in raising our kids, working, doing everything for everyone else that we forget to take care of our selves. This last year has been an extremely hard year for me. One thing i know is that i love being a mom. I have been a mom since i was very young and if there is anything that i know is that i am a good mom. I work hard to make sure they have everything that they need. I love kids in general. I was a girl scout leader for several years and loved it. I was a primary teacher of many ages and again loved it. This year it has been questioned. I have been really put to the test as a mom. I had to question my self many time when before i just knew and didn't have to think much of it. It was natural to me. Every day i would have to question my self on everything i did as a mother. Until i had the realization when i was doing my visiting teaching. If i am doing everything i need to do as a woman, a mother, god will take care of the rest. I believe that has what got me through it all. I surrendered what was out of my control and i feel so much better about being a mom. I am taking care of my self by not questioning me being a mother. I am confident in what i do again and taking time for my self again. I know that as a mother there are many obstacles we go through and this is just one hurdle i have gotten over. And next time i am going to be confident in what i say and do and put it in gods hands while taking care of my needs first by loving myself so i can love others.

3 comments:

Laura Jex said...

Amen!!! Very well said!

Joan said...

Exactly! I think one of God's tender mercies is when we are reminded that all He requires is that we try to do the best we can.
Thanks for posting these thoughts.

Jamie said...

You know, the Lord really knows what He's doing when He sends us out visiting teaching. I've really needed the pick me up the last couple months and have loved it.